Friday, August 2, 2013

Focus On Life ~ Week 31 ~ Hues Of Blue

Ummm...blue? What can I do with that prompt? I like the color, but its nothing special to me as such. So what could I do...blue sky, blue ocean, blue pool? Meh! Boring. I even have a lot of photos predominantly blue, but the color was never the reason for the picture.

I had almost decided to skip this one...could not think of anything interesting (but as I write this, I am thinking...blue...of course...denim! Lots of hues of blue...I could have just lined up all my jeans and clicked a picture ;-)

Anyway....I was thinking of skipping. And then, we had a surprise visitor from India a couple days back. He was here in the area for only that one night, so we had to meet him for dinner and then drop him off to the airport. Any guesses which airline he was taking?


Hehe, not quite what Sally was expecting, but hey...its blue ;-)

Onward to Sally's blog now...
http://thestudiosublime.com/

30 comments:

  1. Always thought that was a great name for an airline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it, now that is a special blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very special for folks who love to travel :)

      Delete
  3. Love it, Kashmira!! Leave it to you to come up with something clever! Just perfect. We flew on JetBlue recently when we went to CA. Brings back some great memories! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy :-)
      I really like the non-stop red-eyes they have to NYC!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love the colours in your picture - the blue and yellow are fab together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! I didn't even notice the yellow until I saw the picture, and am loving it!

      Delete
  5. oh that's just perfect!! yours is my favourite pic so far this week :)
    have a great week, kashmira!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire :) I was not very hopeful of it coming out well, am glad it did :)

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a wonderful visit! Isn't it funny how these things work out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! The visitor was a relative from my husband's family and I was meeting him for the first time, but he proved to be excellent company :)

      Delete
  7. That is an interesting take on blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha..well there's your blue Kashmira. I hope you enjoyed dinner with your visitor.
    ~Ema
    www.emakdesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah! In the dead of night ;) Dinner was fun, and his midnight flight was late by two hours, so we took him to see some sights of San Francisco by night. Great fun overall :)

      Delete
  9. Funny how Sally's themes play around in our heads and prompt inspiration from the most interesting places. Your blue was a great way to celebrate your time with your visitor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Her prompts make us look more closely at things around us!

      Delete
  10. Good one!! I like how you got creative with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah, but it was mostly a "shot in the dark", literally ;)

      Delete
  11. :) Isn't it fun when you get the prompt 'out of the blue'?! That's what I love the most about Sally's journey: you just become more focused and things start to happen / appear just as you need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes!! Her prompts make me look closely at things around, make my brain definitely think outside the box all the time :)

      Delete
  12. Perfect, love when the prompts fall into place.

    ReplyDelete