Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fresh Shop ~ She Flies Again

Here I am with another "fresh shop", and this time there will be no "disclaimer" of not knowing the artist :-)
A bunch of you from the CBC group on Facebook probably know her. She is a newbie, an extremely talented one, and jumped into jewelry making after she bought a pair of earrings from me, and we started talking about the creative process.

Ok, enough with the suspense :-) Its our very own Norbel Marolla, and she opened her shop She Flies Again today on etsy.

Her style is rustic and earthy, and she has a amazing taste in picking out artbeads...like in this pair of earrings:


and has an amazing sense of color...love this necklace..again, made with gorgeous art beads


Before she thought of starting her own shop, she asked if I would be interested in making this a sort of "collective", where I would also list some of my work. I agreed, and while I don't have anything listed there yet, I do have a few creations I will be adding in here.

And lastly...about the name of the shop. She had mentioned there was a story behind it, but I did not know what it was before she opened shop today. Its a beautiful story, one you should definitely read!
About She Flies Again

Go on...I know you want to look, and I promise you will be tempted by soooooo much good stuff, at amazingly reasonable prices!

Here's to you, Norbel!

9 comments:

  1. I thought there must be an interesting story behind the store's name! Glad you linked to that, Kashmira!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kashmira, for such a wonderful post! I sincerely appreciate it. I do hope that some of your followers will take the time to browse through the shop and pass the word to those they know. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful article Kashmira. You KNOW I love when I see artists promoting fellow artists!

    Norbel's work is really beautiful. The earrings shown here are divine. I love the color palette, the VERY cool artbeads and the mix with the enamelled disks!

    After looking over her shop I guess I will have to award her a Cross-Promoting Gold Star!

    Thank you Kashmira for introducing us to another wonderful artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelley, for your very kind words!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kashmira...
    I found you via Creative Bead Chat on Face book... Nice blog . And you have made some great pieces...

    ReplyDelete