Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Color Inspiration Challenge

My bead mommy, Sharyl is hosting a quick blog hop this week...inspired by the colors of summer. Which are brilliant, vibrant, happy colors :)

She gave us a bunch of inspiration photos, pointed out the colors in them, and we were to pick one (or more) of them and create something.

I am on a yellow binge lately, so I picked this one:


The colors she mentioned were: bright yellow, raspberry and lime. I told her I didn't like the raspberry intruding in here, I want only lemon and lime :)

And here's what I came up with. I surprised myself with this super simple design (I tend to complicate things all the time ;-)




Do I like 'em? Love 'em! They are happy happy things! And I think they go well with this necklace...don't they? Its like an entire summer garden, haha :-)

I wondering if I should change the beads in the necklace and use yellow ones instead!


Thanks for the inspiration and for hosting, Sharyl :-) These earrings make me happy :D

Here are the other participants...
Sharyl McMillian-Nelson     Sharyl’s Jewelry    (Host)  
Kashmira Patel   .....    Sadafulee...always in bloom!  <--- you are here  
Lisa Lodge   .....   A Grateful Artist - Pine Ridge Treasures
 Tanty Sri Hartanti   ....   TJewellicious by Tanti       
Kathy Lindemer ....  Bay Moon Design   
Laren Dee Barton ... Laren Dee Designs     
Melissa Trudinger  ... Beadrecipes   

18 comments:

  1. simple earring but beautiful...and look happy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo... I wouldn't change a thing! It all looks just perfect together as is! I'm not a huge fan of yellow either, and I used it and loved it in my piece too! I guess that's the wonder of our challenges!

    I really like your "simple" yellow and green earrings, and your necklace on that daisy ribbon is a perfect summertime match! Thanks for participating, Kashmira! Job well done! ~Sharyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but I like yellow :) Love it, actually :)

      Thanks for sharing those photos, Sharyl, this was fun :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I love your sunny earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those earrings Kashmira, sweet and simple :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely colors and I love the earrings .. so bright and cheery. I am not sure about the necklace. Maybe a combination of yellow, orange and lime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh!!! That sounds fun...yellow, orange and lime! I think I will try it! Thank you!!

      Delete
  6. Happy Happy Joy Joy! That is how I feel looking at your cute set. Especially love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your summer inspiration designs .I love your earrings very simple but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, colours of a lemon tree! Love the earrings and yes, they do go nicely with the necklace in a not-quite matchy-matchy way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, Laren, for your sweet comments :)
    Joy and fun is what I was aiming for...something to make people smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I guess I can say I am wearing a lemon tree, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete